Sad News

Arizona Pointing Dog Club News, Headlines, and Announcements

Sad News

Postby erucker » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:03 am

Hello Everyone,

With an extremely heavy heart, I wanted to let all of you know that last night I had to make one of the hardest decisions in my life. I had to put my best friend "Pepper," to sleep. All of you knew Pepper and how amazing of a bird dog she was, what even more special about her was she was a true friend. I could always depend on her to do the right thing and find a bunch of birds. As I look back on it all, I always said I was training her, actually she was training me.

It has been extremely difficult for me and my family, as one could imagine. We plan on taking her ashes up to Red Tank and sprinkling them in the field. The field she so loved to hunt in and performed so well in.

I want to thank my friends, that offered me advice and comfort. Todd, Jim, Brian Don & Tommy. It means a lot.

Me and the family are lucky enough to have her Daughter, "Haylee," who so far seems to be a clone of her. I'm trying to find comfort in knowing I will always remember her and be reminded of her as I watch my pup grow.

She is now running the big country with the big guy. She will be forever in our hearts. "Lord if she breaks, just let her go."

Ed Rucker

Postby Rio » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:23 am

Ed, So sorry to hear this.

Karl

Postby jscott » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:16 pm

I'm sorry to hear this, Ed. Prayers of comfort to you and your family.

Josh

Postby jackherchold » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Ed, Sorry for your loss. These dogs truly become part of your family!
Remember the good times, Jack H.

Postby erucker » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Thank you all for the kind words. It means alot to us.

ER

Return to Club News and Headlines