February Meeting - Changed back to Tuesday, Feb. 14th

Arizona Pointing Dog Club News, Headlines, and Announcements
Site Admin

February Meeting - Changed back to Tuesday, Feb. 14th

Postby chrisfenner » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:02 am

Members:
Our monthly meeting will be held tomorrow at the usual time and place (Denny's at 51st Ave and Thunderbird). The fact that it falls on Valentines Day is a little bothersome, but the banquet room is available no other day this week and we thought it important to hold it this week in order to allow people to get their trial entries in. Feel free to make sweetheart plans after the meeting...I'll try to expedite things. That's the bad news.

The good news is that our speaker will be an interesting one. Todd Linsenbach, the owner of Shooters Vault, will talk to us about the latest in handguns, handgun carry laws, and handgun defense. Our state has some of the most "liberal" laws regarding the ability to own and carry (open and concealed) weapons for defense and pleasure, and so it is that much more important to know what is available and legal. Come on out and get educated!

IMPORTANT: This is also the time of year when you need to start thinking about who will carry the leadership torch for the club this year. I will be preparing the ballots that we'll use at the annual banquet to vote for the leadership positions in the club this year. Therefore, I need you nominations! Please email them to me for the positions of club President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Board Members. You are welcome to nominate yourself and as many people as you would like, but nobody will get their name on the ballot until they accept their nomination, which I will invite them to do once I receive it.

Thanks, and hope to see you tomorrow!

Tom Wheeling
President - AZPDC
Last edited by chrisfenner on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I have noticed that nothing I never said ever did me any harm."
- Calvin Coolidge

“There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don’t.”

Postby Wheeling » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Thanks for posting this, Chris!
If you're not fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.

Postby gone birdy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:09 pm

didn't help me much.... hope others get the message in time..
Lance Gerdes
Be safe be ethical

Postby hideandseek » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:50 pm

I work on tuesdays so i'm unable to attend the meetings. my schedule allows me to attend on wednesdays, so i was excited to be able to attend my first club meeting. From what i have read on the forum the monthly meeting is where the trial premiums are paid? I have plans on attending the training event on saturday with my young dogs. they are not ready for trial work yet, but i hope by the end of trial season they will hold point. the trial application indicates there is a fee for the training day on saturday and its due by today. so how do i pay that and to whom do i pay it?

thxs Jereld
Jereld

Postby Rio » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Lance,

Sorry about that, Brent sent out an email blast on Monday, I know, short notice.

Jereld,

There is no fee for Saturday, just show up. We'll be going over the rule changes for this year as well as training. See you out there.

Karl

Return to Club News and Headlines