Tragic day at Northern AZ GSP Trial this past weekend!

Arizona Pointing Dog Club News, Headlines, and Announcements

Tragic day at Northern AZ GSP Trial this past weekend!

Postby GonePointing » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:36 pm

For those of you who know Phil and Stevie Casdorph they were involved in an accident yesterday morning heading to the trial grounds by Paulden, AZ. Thank God Phil and Stevie were not hurt but their bumper pull horse trailer was struck by a train at a crossing and it ripped the trailer right off the truck and sent it down the track for a short distance. During this horrific event one of their dogs (Bo) who is the father to Ed Rucker and Karl VonWolf's pups was killed instantly along with both of the Casdorph's horses. The other dog in the trailer was Katie and she was taken to the hospital when I heard this morning she is recovering. She lost an eye and is banged up pretty good though so our prayers go out to her recovery. I was there and saw this after it happen and I can tell you I hope I never have to see something like this again. My deepest sympathy goes out to the Casdorph family and for a speedy recovery for Katie. I am very sad personally to see the loss of Bo since my boy Wyatt and Bo have battled back and forth over the past 3-4 years trading blue and red ribbons along the way. I will miss the competition with Bo going forward but he will surly never be forgotten in my eyes. God has a great hunting dog now and I am sure he will enjoy him tremendously. :-(
1XCH 1XRUCH FC/AFC Mama's Clown Bubba MH (Wyatt) GSP
Rosie's Queen of the Ryche (Ryche) GSP
Zeke's Ace of Von Schroeder (Freckles) GSP
Whoa There Delilah (Delilah) EP
Lucky Strike's Bust'N Loose (Buster) EP
Sunny's Miss Lani Lou (Lani) EP

Postby Rio » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:26 pm

My thoughts go out to Phil and Stevie, I'm just glad they are ok. Had to have been one heck of a horrible experience.

Return to Club News and Headlines