NSTRA Trial

Upcoming events and other NSTRA topics

NSTRA Trial

Postby GonePointing » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:13 pm

All,

I had the pleasure of running a few of our dogs (Ryche, Wyatt & Sage) in a NSTRA (National Shoot to Retrieve) Field Trial this past weekend at Desert Pheasant Recreation. I would first like to personally thank Bob Henson and Arrlette Hennessey for hosting a wonderful trial. You all did a wonderful job and it was a blast.

As for our dogs, well that is another subject! Over all I can not complain. I ran Ryche and Sage on Sat and they both did a good job but fell short on the placements. Sage and Ryche were real steady but Ryche decided that she did not want to retrieve the birds to me. If my wife would allow it she would be at Jim's tomorrow for a force fetch program. I then ran Sage and Wyatt on Sun and Sage did a real good job. So good that she ended up taking a 2nd Place finish. Not too bad for a pup. As for Wyatt, well he found birds but decided that leaving on the shot would be a bunch of fun. In NSTRA that is OK but for me I really would have liked to see him stay to the release. Not one of his best days but it happens!

Over all it was a great weekend!

Todd

Postby erucker » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Great job Todd way to go! The dogs in the club are doing really well. That's what it is all about.

ER

Postby AndyWelch » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:24 pm

Nice job Todd!

It sounds like you are getting your whole string of dogs out there!

Postby GonePointing » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:28 pm

Thanks guys!

I am working on it Andy. As you know it takes time.

Todd

Return to NSTRA Events